Monday, March 25, 2013

The Spotlight's On: Tracy Churchman of Ty's Adventures

Name: MOOOOOOM!!! Oh, oops, you mean my other name... Tracy Churchman
Blog Name and URL: Ty’s Adventures www.tysadventures.com
Blogger or Wordpress? Wordpress
Favorite widget or plugin? Shareaholic (on the days it likes me & does what it’s supposed to do)
What’s one thing that people don’t know about you? I am deathly afraid of horses...ok, so maybe the horses know this, but people don’t.
While we are at it, what’s your theme song? “M’nah-M’nah” by the Muppets.
Dish you would bring to our community picnic: Artichoke Dip, yeah, I’m fancy like that.
On Blogging:
What got you blogging and what keeps you going? 
I used to fill up notebooks when I was a kid of stories I’d make up & hide them in my closet to never see the light of day. Then I grew up (a little) and someone said you have a different point of view, you have a story to be told, you should start a blog! So here I am 6+ years later, but in blogging years does that mean it’s really been like 12?
One post (that you wrote) that makes you laugh? 
Ty’s Tip of the Week ~ Ferrari. The boy literally DOVE through the open window of a neighbor’s brand new Ferrari parked down the street from our house and pretended to drive it, I presume because he has only ever seen pictures of such a fancy car; that and his inner-male took over and said “SHE MUST BE DRIVEN!” At the time I wanted to bury myself in a hole somewhere,and never come out, but now it’s pretty hilarious.
One post you are really proud of, for whatever reason? 
 I’m really proud of what App-ucation Month continues to morph into year after year and the awareness I’ve been able to generate. If even only to my small circle of friends and family, at least I made one person think a little differently about what people with Down syndrome are capable of. If all goes according to plan, Ty & I will be gifting a student from our school district with Down syndrome an iPad in 2014.
How have you seen your blog/blogging style change and how would you like to see it develop? 
 I care a lot less about what other people think over the years and have been able to let more stuff fly onto the page. I hope this continues because If you were to meet me you’d probably say I’m one of the shyest/quietest people you’ve ever met.
Two blogs you love to read and why?
 http://www.chudleighweddings.com/ My super talented friend from high school, Britt Chudleigh constantly inspires me to push myself in different directions.

I have never actually met-met Toby Price, but we move around the same circles and he’s constantly inspiring me, making me laugh or giving me advice on the latest tech for Ty http://about.me/jedipadmaster
Where else can we find you online? 
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tys-Adventures/106416779391138
Twitter www.twitter.com/tysadventures
Pinterest www.pinterest.com/tysadventures
www.dandelionmoms.com
...and The Muppets YouTube Channel laughing my butt off with my boys.


1 comment: