Monday, February 11, 2013

The Spotlight's On: Lisa Nicholson of Life Decanted

Blogger in the Spotlight Series. 
The same questions asked of everyone, complete with Awkward Photo.
*********************


Name: Lisa Lambert Nicholson

Blog Name: Life Decanted

Blogger or Wordpress? Wordpress.com

Favorite widget or plugin? None. But my favorite tool is Dropbox

What’s one thing that people don’t know about you? 
Depends which people? I am a person of many well defended compartments so I suspect that most people only know a certain amount. How about : I dearly love horses but never really have spent much time with them.

While we are at it, what’s your theme song? Sand and Water by Beth Nielsen Chapman, or Everybody Knows by Leonard Cohen

Dish you would bring to our community picnic: hmmmmm.... Quinoa salad or darn good chili, or I could make my Memeres Meat pies if I was well rested and ambitious, make some apple pies?

On Blogging:

What got you blogging and what keeps you going?
I went through a very personal crisis about 7 years ago and in my quest for understanding I turned towards resources online. I got hooked on the validation and hood of  anonymous support and started reading and then finally blogging myself. 

As that phase of my life resolved, I expanded my interests, explored and with the 6 degree of separation concept-One idea/issue/blog at a time. I learned about computers and enjoyed the challenge and autonomy, the freedom and flex of it all. I remembered that I loved writing and was surprised to find that there were other people who liked to read what I wrote! 

Then I exhausted that blog and the trolls and spam of Blogger and abandoned it to start again with a new combo of readers on Wordpress including the DS parent community. I love the diversity of my blog list and contacts- and that I didn't invite or even let anyone I knew IRL that I had a blog until this past year. I have never sought fame or readers. Accumulate readers by reading and commenting - no search engines. I've stalled for awhile but consider returning.

One post (that you wrote) that makes you laugh?
Oh Goodie, The F-Bomb?


One post you are really proud of, for whatever reason?
My two top read posts are
Plugging Out...Plugging In
Who Makes the Decision about Who is Normal?

How have you seen your blog/blogging style change and how would you like to see it develop?
The more you write the better you get. Evolves from writing for me, audience, then me again. I like the photos that enhance writing.

Two blogs you love to read and why?
For stunning writing that leaves you with new parts of your heart discovered (but not for the faint of heart or light reading):
Sweet and Salty  aka Kate Inglis-from Nova Scotia, author of a fascinating kids book and one of the original Shutter Sisters as well as a cofounder of Glow in the Woods ( for mothers who have lost children), also -  In Search of White Space who's author is so searching for egolessness  through poetry and photos that she closes down her writing periodically if she accumulates too many readers! But I have 30ish top blogs in my reader and many of you are now FB friends ~
so many I can't list..... don't feel bad if I've left you out please because they asked for 2

Where else can we find you online?
Flickr 
capture my vt  

**********************
THANK YOU, LISA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment